Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekly Update: 9/12-9/18

This has been the second week of running Mesa exclusively. I've already begun to notice my strength increase through particular sections of this trail (climbing out of Bear Creek Canyon and the stair step section near NCAR come to mind). Since April, I've run the Mesa Trail 25 times and it has yet to get boring. In fact, this trail is quite the opposite. There is so much variation that it's hard to perfect footwork and rhythm in every section - for me anyway. I'm really excited to run this trail in the winter!

With only two more weeks until my first marathon, Blue Sky, I think I'm in pretty decent shape to tackle it. Next week will be a usual mid-50 or 60-mile week. I had thought about beginning tapering next week, but I think I'll just take it easy the week prior, with a few mellow runs leading up to the race on Sunday. I need to make my way up Fort Collins to do a little recognizances of the course to get familiar. Though, I think all of my training on the Mesa has prepared me well.

Tuesday (9/13) - 11 mi (2:01, 1,600 ft) Sobo/So Shanahan/Mesa

Thursday (9/15) - 14 mi (2:29, 2,300 ft) Sobo/Mesa (to Skunk Canyon and back)

Friday (9/16) - 14 mi (2:39, 2,300 ft) Sobo/Mesa (to Skunk Canyon and back)

Sunday (9/18) - 21 mi (3:40, 3,400 ft) Doudy, Spring Brook, Mesa to Gregory Canyon TH)

Totals for the week:
Miles: 60
Climbing Feet: 9,600
Time: 10:50



No comments:

Post a Comment