Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rehab and Hiking - 11/28-12/4

Last week was spent laying low with basically no running in an effort to let my left Achilles heal. On Wednesday (11/23) I went out for a little test run, only getting a mile into the run before discomfort set in. I walked home, but it at least gave me a baseline for recovery. Over the next couple weeks, I'll slowly ramp up the running as my Achilles permits. In the meantime, I've been insistent on keeping baseline fitness and I can think of no better way of maintaining this than to do the next best thing to running, hiking. Since I can't hike every day just yet, I have to go on 4-mile walks nearly everyday to not go completely stir crazy. I think riding my bike to work will be in the cards soon too.

Monday (11/28) - 59 min walk on Sobo Creek Trail


Tuesday (11/29) - 57 min walk on Sobo Creek Trail

Wednesday (11/30) AM - (1:42, 2,300') Green Mountain via Amphitheater/Greenman - This was the first time I've summited Green via Greenman. Now that I've tagged the summit of this mountain from every approach, I think Greenman offers the best all-around experience, especially starting from Amphitheater. More to come on this hike later.
PM - 57 min walk on Sobo Creek Trail

Thursday - rest

Friday - rest 

Saturday (12/3) - (2:13, 2,400') Green Mountain via Aphi/Greenman - I started from Chautauqua, which lead to the increase in time. Oh and the two feet of fresh snow the night before slowed things down, but made the hike immensely more enjoyable. Spectacular morning.

Sunday - rest

No comments:

Post a Comment