Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekly Update: 12/5 - 12/11

Tuesday (12/6) - 2 mi (19 mins) Easy run to Twin Lakes - A little warm-up to test the progress of my Achilles, which felt fine throughout.

Thursday (12/7 - 2 mi (20 mins) Easy run to Twin Lakes - Again, just to be mega-sure things are ok. There was a twinge of ache on the outer edge of my ankle, but nothing alarming.

Friday (12/9) - 3.5 mi (30 mins) Twin Lakes - This time I ran around the lakes on my usual route when Twin Lakes is in the cards. After three completely pain-free runs, I think I'm officially ready to get back into training mode.

Saturday (12/10) - (2:30, 2,400') Hike Green Mountain up Amphitheater/Greenman down Ranger/Gregory - A mellow stroll with my sister up Green Mtn. The snow-packed trails were still really nice and sticky since the temps have stayed cool. A tad achy, but mainly due to the duration of the hike. Refrained from running the descent as much as possible, which was painful considering the awesome conditions. Pretty icy in spots on lower Ranger and Gregory.

I'm fairly happy with the progress of my recovery thus far. It would appear my Achilles has pretty much fully mended. After nearly two weeks of zero running, I am itching to start building up the mileage again. Though, I need to stay cautious and not jump right back into the swing of things, so I'll keep the next couple of weeks mellow with a gradual increase in mileage.

Pleasant morning near the top

Captioning in the snow

Captioning on the summit

Somewhat of a luge on Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment