Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Update: 4/23 - 4/29

Mon: 6 mi (1:47, 3,000') Green Mtn summit via 1st/2nd Access - A bit of a longer approach than going the typical Amphitheater/SR route, but equally as challenging, if not more so. I sort of stumbled around trying to connect the backside of the 1st flatiron to Saddle Rock, resulting in a slow ascent - 1:05 to the summit.

Tue: Off

Wed: Off

Thu: 7 mi (1:30, 2,000') 1st/2nd Flatiron Access/Mesa/McClintock - I was kind of on a kick with the 1st/2nd route over the last few days. Kicking off my usual Mesa run with the 1st/2nd climb was a nice change of pace. I dig the tight, technical switchbacks.

Fri: 9 mi (1:33, 1,800') McClintock/Mesa to Bluestem - Nice evening on the mesa with plenty of cool cloud cover - love the Spring/Summer afternoons in Boulder.

Sat: 6 mi (1:26, 2,900') Green Mtn - Good rhythm all the way up. Pushed pretty hard. Hit the top in ~ :44.

Sun: 22 mi (4:12, 4,700') Goshawk loop/Towhee/Mesa/McClintock/Doudy - Felt like the first 8 miles (Goshawk) took a bit more effort than usual, which is probably the result of accumulated fatigue from the last few days. Fell into a nice pace once I hit Towhee. Coming back, I felt much better than when I started out.

--------------------
Weekly Totals:
Miles: 50
Vertical: 14,400'
Time: 10hrs, 28mins

April Totals:
Miles: 168
Vertical: 41,040'
Time: 33hrs, 8mins

A fairly decent week in terms of volume. With the exception of last week, I've been consistently increasing the mileage at a pretty conservative rate. My climbing fitness is definitely getting sharper with each week too. I feel like I've transitioned well from hiking the super steep stuff to running the same terrain, especially the bigger step-ups on Amphitheater.

Only four more weeks until the Golden Gate Dirty Thirty and there's still plenty of work to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment