Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekly Update: 4/30 - 5/6

Tue: 2 mi (:18) Twin Lakes - A scant run, but my left knee exhibited some acute soreness occasionally in the upper-right patella region as a result of really tight quads after Sunday's long run.

Wed: 3.5 mi (:32) Twin Lakes - Little test run to make sure the knee was proper and it was.

Thu: 7 mi (1,600', 1:28) McClintock/Mesa/Bluestem - Didn't feel much soreness until after an hour, at which point the pain wouldn't let up, so I stopped running and walked the last two miles. Just before I stopped running (I was climbing the little switchback behind NCAR) I happened upon a bear casually crusing the trail going my direction. We had a little moment before he ambled down into the drainage.

Sat: 8 mi (3,600', 2:27) SoBo Peak & Bear Peak via Towhee/Shadow Canyon/down Fern Canyon/Bluestem - After tons of stretching on Friday, the knee was legit, so I headed to South Mesa to go up SoBo Peak and Bear Peak. My ascent of Shadow was at a super casual pace (stopping a couple times to let others go ahead - I hate leading people up climbs because I tend to run too hard), hitting the saddle in 1:02. I reached the summit of SoBo in 1:09 and Bear in 1:21. I descended Fern super slowly to make sure the knee didn't freak out.

Sun: 24 mi (5,010', 4:53) Goshawk loop/Mesa/McClintock/Mesa/Doudy to Springbrook - Really nice and slow long one. Perfect temps the whole morning, ~low 60's. Definitely a solid 5-hour outing. Legs were good the whole way and so was the knee!

-------------------
Weekly Totals:
Miles: 45
Vertical: 10,210
Time: 9:39:39


No comments:

Post a Comment