Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekly Update: 6/6-6/12

This week was an easy week for running, so I decided to not run the usual areas, but instead run the Bobolink section of the South Boulder Creek Trail. The out-and-back is a touch over 7 miles and it's completely flat with great views of the Flatirons and mega-huge cottonwood trees. In terms of running, everything mechanically felt great and I just concentrated on doing slow, easy runs. Mellow little week for sure. The weather was great too.

Tuesday - 7 mi (55:07) -
Bobolink. Ok, supposed to be an easy run, but there was this woman in front of me who was at my pace on the way back and I hate trailing people, so I turned the knob to 11 to pass her and cruised pretty quick for the last 2 miles. Oops.

Thursday - 7 mi (59:48) - Bobolink. I was reluctant to get up to run because I was exhausted from work the day before. It had been raining all night and it continued to drizzle for most of the morning. I dragged my ass out of bed and hit the trail early. It was awesome. I love running in the rain because no one else is around and it's super cool (temp wise, that is).

Saturday - 7 mi (1:02) - Bobolink. This was a proper easy run where I really had to make sure I kept it mellow. The whole run was peaceful, cool temps, and quiet trails.

Sunday - 7 mi (57:58) - Bobolink. Got a late start to the day and hit the trail at noon. It was 85° and sunny. Though, unlike that last few hotter runs, I didn't feel totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment