Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Update: 5/16 – 5/22

This week has been an arduous one in that I’ve been dealing with a continued left knee problem. For the past couple of weeks, it seemed to be fine with the right amount of stretching. Though, this week’s pain is somewhat different. It feels like a crunchy joint issue and I can’t really tell if it’s still an iliotibial band problem or a patellofemoral-type deal. In any case, I regretfully abandoned my long run toward the end of the week to give my knee a chance to rehabilitate. In all, this week was weak in mileage, but strong in recovery. So, with any luck, I’ll be able to jump back into my normal routine next week.

Monday – 3 mi (23:15) – Easy run around Celestial - Though, it became rather spirited toward the last half. It was fun to let the feet fly.

Wednesday – 5.3 mi (49:00) Easy run on Twin Lakes loop – Took this one really easy. I haven’t been running my easy runs at a truly easy/slow pace, so this was a nice departure.

Thursday – 7 mi tempo run (52:32) Celestial Loop – Out of the gate, I felt strong so I made my warm-up mile quicker than usual (8:16) followed by rather silly increases (7:30s on avg). I ended this run feeling strong, which for speed/tempo runs, this hasn’t been the modus operandi.

Saturday – 2 mil (18:24) Easy run Twin Lakes loop – This was meant to be a 6 miler, but my left knee was feeling terrible. The outer side was truly painful, sadly reducing me to a walk. The day prior, my knee was somewhat achy, but I felt confident in being able to put mileage on it. That notion was obviously an over-confident one.

I may not skate as much as I once did, but I’ll always be a skateboarder. Let me leave you with arguably one of the most endearing skateboarders of all time, Rudy Johnson….”Dude, like, dude, like, like, bro….”

No comments:

Post a Comment