Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Update: 5/9 – 5/15

This week was my first easy week I’ve had in a couple months, which I desperately needed. My legs have been quite tired and the rest of my body in general has felt a tad lethargic. A trip to Moab prevented me from committing to my usual weekly running schedule.


On Thursday, my sister and I headed out to mountain bike around the White Rim with her group of cycling friends. Upon our arrival, a surging river washed a section of the trail out, preventing us to safely ride the full trail. So, we succumbed to finding a cozy place to camp in Bartlett Wash and from that point forward the commitment to ride 100 miles was officially off the table. In the end, I rode various trails, some of which were beyond me, but nonetheless I had a great time. I brought my running gear in hopes of sneaking in at least one run during the trip. I did just that.


Tuesday – 7.3 mi (1:00:50)

A.M. – 5.3 mi (44:00) – Easy run on Twin Lakes loop

P.M. – 2 mi (16:50) – Easy run around Celestial in my new Adidas Mana 5s


Wednesday – 4.1 mi (34:40) Easy run on Twin Lakes loop


Sunday – 14.6 mi long run (2:23) Mill Canyon, Moab – On the last day of my trip, I got up early and left Bartlett Wash up Mill Canyon Road to the Monitor and Merrimack trail just outside Moab. I had ridden this trail with my sister the day before, so I was relatively familiar with the route. It was a great departure from the Boulder area trails I’ve been running lately. With the crisp morning air and the shade from the tall canyon walls, it made for a refreshing long run. I took it slow because Moab is a relatively foreign landscape to me (running wise) and it was, well, my easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment