Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekly Update: 5/23 - 5/29

A lot of easy running with a dastardly long run on the Mesa Trail to end the week. I've started to trim down my runs per week to four rather than five, giving me more time for recovery. My left knee didn't hurt all week, which I think is a result of fewer run days.

Tuesday - 6 mi (51:18) - Easy run around Twin Lakes loop. Started running this counter clockwise to mix it up a bit and seemed to help.

Thursday - 6 mi (47:05) - Speed work (3 x 1600m @7:30's) around Celestial. Ended strong and felt like a could throw another one in.

Saturday - 6 mi (52:57) - Easy run around Twin Lakes loop. Ok, starting to get bored with this run - even counter clockwise.

Sunday - 14 mi (2:42, 3,250 ft) - Long run on Mesa Trail. This being the second time running the full trail and with last week's haunting experience, I entered with trepidation. Kept a conservative pace up the first ascent, which helped reserve some juice for the SOB ascent on the way back. Ran the whole thing without hiking, pretty jazz. The cool weather helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment