Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly Update: 5/2-5/8

Yet again, this was another high-mileage week @ 35 miles and 3,250’. I forwent the tempo run that I should have done in order to tack on some extra miles. So, I took it easy for most of the week with longer mellow runs. Sunday was a biggie.


Tuesday – 5.3 mi (46:43) Easy run on Twin Lakes loop – Sort of felt a little funky for most of the run.


Wednesday – 5.3 mi (43:51) Easy run on Twin Lakes loop - Happened upon a bald eagle sitting high up in a tree over the west lake. It was pretty much amazing.


Friday – 3.5 mi (29:33) Easy run on Twin Lakes loop


Saturday - 7 mi (1:03) Easy run on Bobolink Trail – I tagged along with Mehri for her long run, which turned out to be an all-out race toward the last half-mile. That girl sure can cruise. Once again, the cows were out in full force and I will not be getting sick of them any time soon, that is unless they continue to procreate in such close proximity to the trail.


Sunday – 14.2 mi long run (2:50, 3,250’) Mesa Trail – This was my first time running the full Mesa Trail and it was awesome. During the past three weeks, I’ve been running a loop comprising of the Mesa Trail, South Shanahan Fork, and Big Bluestem. This got me well acclimated to the climbs and terrain, but it was all within a 6.5-mile loop. Feeling confident to run the entirety of the trail, I set out to do just that this time around. I have familiarized myself with the first half (starting from Eldorado Springs) of the Mesa Trail, but I had no idea what to expect from the second half. There were hills…..big hills. Plus, the weather is certainly heating up as it was about 50°F at 7:30 a.m. when I left the trailhead. Had it not been for the water bottle, I surely would have experienced a calamitous series of events halfway through the run.


With that, I leave you with another Ween tune (excuse the fact there aren’t better visuals).



No comments:

Post a Comment