Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekly Update: 7/4 – 7/10

This week was an easy one, though I didn’t feel tired enough to warrant it.


Monday –Avery Brewing 4k on the 4th (17:28) – Officially the first “race” of the season. Man, these short races are really a test of one’s VO2 max. I can’t say mine was tiptop considering the heat and my lack of real preparation. I was really hoping to get into the 6 min/miles, but 7:02s were all I had. Bummer. Placed 14th in my age division.


Tuesday – 9 mi (1:31, 787 ft) Easy run at Teller Farms


Thursday –9 mi (1:23, 787 ft) Easy run at Teller Farms


Friday – 9 mi (1:22) Easy run at Teller Farms


Sunday – 8 mi (2:00, 2,100 ft) Green Mt via Bear Creek Canyon – This was my first summit of Green. Since I was unfamiliar with this trail, I took it really slow and stopped a few times to take in the beautiful, lush canyon views. Fortunately, substantial rain the day prior, created a very wet and fun run.

No comments:

Post a Comment