Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekly Update: 6/27 – 7/3

I’m a little late posting this update because last week was pretty hectic with work and personal biz.


Tuesday – 9 mi (1:23, 787 ft) Easy run at Teller Farms


Thursday – 9 mi (1:16, 787 ft) Tempo run at Teller Farms – I gave this trail a shot for a little tempo run figuring the mild undulation and ruts would give me some good footwork practice for more technical trails like Mesa and such. It turned out to be really fun, though I need to hit this trail earlier because once I get out into the open prairie by 8ish, the sun is killer.


Friday –9 mi (1:24, 787 ft) Easy run at Teller Farms – Kind of a recovery from the day prior. Nice and mellow. The view of Indian Peaks heading west is always a pleasurable way to end a run…..and it gets me pumped to run alpine trails.


Sunday – 16 mil (3:11, 3,450 ft) Long run on Mesa Trail w/ Doudy Draw– After running this trail five times, it’s still totally exciting. I kept the pace really mellow on all the climbs and even on the flats. I happened upon a rattlesnake, which was my first encounter ever! My foot landed within five or six inches from the little rascal. In fact, I didn’t see it at all, but was warned by its distinctive rattle and turned around to verify. We hung out for a bit. What a cool little creature. Super pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment