Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekly Update: 8/6 - 8/12

Wed: 6mi (1:24, 2,700') Green Mtn - from Chat, :45 summit. Sluggish morning, but chased this guy (John) up the mountain. I've seen him a few times crushing the descent. We chatted at the summit before heading down. Fun morning.

Thu: 4.4mi (1:12, 2,400') Green Mtn - PR summit, 41:25. Inspired by the previous morning, I pushed hard, which resulted in a pretty quick trip up.

Fri: 4.5mi (:47, 1,300') Chat/Amphi/SR - PM run. Too lazy/tired to hit the summit.

Sat: AM: 8mi (1:15, 1,000') Pawnee Pass - Fun, mellow run at altitude surrounded by Indians. I had not intention of hitting the pass (don't know why, really). The most marmots I've ever seen in one day, plus I saw a good size bull moose near Brainard Lake. Sweet.
2 mi (:25, 600') Amphitheater - coming back from Indian Peaks, I still had some energy, so I hit up Amphitheater for a final quick climb for the day.

Sun: 13 mi (2:23, 1,500') Eldorado Canyon Trail from Doudy - I haven't run Walker Ranch before, so it was nice to see what that was all about. The Eldo Canyon Trail has a nice climb from the outset. I'll be back to do the 13-mile loop soon.

-------

Week Totals:
Miles: 38
Vertical: 9,500'
Time: 7:28

Green Mountain was certainly the emphasis for the week. The PR on Thursday was exciting and an encouraging milestone as I chip away at a sub 40-minute effort. With the Silverton Alpine a couple weeks away, I feel like my high-altitude running has been getting dialed in nicely with the frequent Indian Peaks trips. Hopefully, it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment