Thursday, August 9, 2012

Weekly Update: 7/30 - 8/5

Thu: 4 mi (:40, 1,000') Amphi/SR/Chat - Ok, this was a pointless run. Meant to tag Green, but the recent theme has been lack of inspiration, so I turned back on Saddle Rock and cruised around the Chautauqua trail. I even sat on a rock and watched fire crews drive up Flagstaff. Then, before going back to the car, I decided to run up Amphitheater again. What a mess of a morning.

Fri: 9 mi (1:15) Twin Lakes to White Rocks - Another very random outing—I think I've just been eager to mix things up. Took off from my doorstep, crashed the country club scene on my way to White Rocks. Fun little road action.

Sat: 21 mi (4:08, 4,510') Mesa/Goshawk Loop - Much cooler than last week's long run. Felt great pretty much the whole way, but the hamstrings were pretty achy for the last few miles. Kept the pace really mellow, didn't stop much except to suck a few GUs down.

Sun: 6 mi (:56) Twin Lakes - My hamstrings were really sore (not a great sign so close to race time) Did a few laps around the lakes in the evening before heading to my brother's for Sunday dinner. Nice and hot, ~95.

--------

Week Totals:
Miles: 40
Vert: 5,510'
Time: 6:59

Not only did I get a late start to the running this week, but the focus just wasn't there. The long run on Saturday was more or less a desperate attempt to accomplish something. And Sunday's run was really to just get a few more miles to not feel like I wasted another week. Coming off of some good mileage from the week prior, I really wanted to keep the momentum going and I just barely scraped it together. The worst part is I didn't get up to Indian Peaks for some high-altitude running. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment